Commercial Real Estate For Sale in Gainesville FL
BHGRE Commercial | Thomas Group is a full-service real estate team in North Central Florida with a primary focus on commercial real estate sales and leasing. We are a group of dedicated individuals wanting to help every customer, whether just beginning or commercially active for years. With over 30 years of experience in commercial real estate, we have developed valuable connections with local attorneys, project planners, and engineers with the goal of maximizing the landowner’s business results and investments.
The Thomas Group founded their commercial department in 2012 with a team of Gainesville’s experienced Commercial Realtors. Brian Oen and John Thomas head the Thomas Group’s Commercial & Land Division
While in college, Brian’s entrepreneurial spirit led him to start a beer delivery business. He further expanded the business idea to include sponsor logos on the beer kegs they delivered. But when he was approached to join the nation’s largest independent real estate title search company, he knew he couldn’t refuse. He spent ten years working his way up the corporate ladder, and eventually became VP and Director of Operations, overseeing 150+ employees. Throughout that time, he also became skilled and successful at investing in real estate on the side, learning how to evaluate any property or area for top performance.
Today, Brian uses his exclusive 360 approach to help his clients with their personal home, commercial space, and income producing properties. He has a genuine interest and determination to help his clients take action to grow their wealth through real estate. In fact, he has built an Action Team, dedicated to exhausting every effort to locate the perfect opportunities for investors. He’s also the founder of Gainesville’s Real Estate Investors Association and shares a Market Action Update every Tuesday to keep his clients informed.
John has been assisting in the acquisition of Commercial Real Estate and Land in Gainesville, FL for over a decade. Born in the College Park neighborhood of Gainesville, FL (aka Midtown Gainesville, FL) just north of the University of Florida, John’s father was a local businessman and real estate investor so although he’s only been selling real estate since 1999, he’s been in the business of real estate for as long as he can remember.
Our Commercial Services
Sales (Over $954M in Sales)
- Determine Whether you are looking to purchase, sell, or execute a 1031 exchange, as an investor you have specific financial goals.
- Buyers: We take the time to understand what your investment horizon is and which asset class we can position your capital in to best meet your target IRRs. We can assist in identifying how your capital stack should be structured, we can manage your expectations, and we can assure that you are making an educated decision.
- Sellers: When disposing of an asset, it is crucial to highlight what makes your asset special so we can offer it to the perfect buyer at the right price. At the Thomas Group we leverage our relationships with top brokers and accredited investors to get your asset in front of a targeted pool of qualified buyers.
- Canvas Before submitting or responding to any offers, our team at the Thomas Group conducts an in-depth investment analysis. For each potential investment, we build institutional-quality proformas outlining different scenarios to predict outcomes in different market cycles.
- Analyze Before submitting or responding to any offers on the table, our team at the Thomas Group conducts a full in-depth investment analysis. For each potential investment, we build institutional quality proformas outlining different scenarios to predict outcomes in different market cycles.
- Close Our executive team at the Thomas Group will be part of each investment transaction, providing the knowledge and negotiation expertise needed to get a deal done. We will link you with the proper legal, tax advisory, and financial teams to ensure that each part of the transaction is well-structured and executed in a timely manner.
Leasing (Over 500,000 square feet leased)
- Understand In deciding where to locate your business, whether a flagship or a first location, every Real Estate Professional will tell you finding the right location is the most important aspect. Our research phase is a critical component to both our success and our clients’ success. At the Thomas Group, our first step is to understand our clients’ businesses inside and out. We learn who your customers are, how you make decisions, and how the environment impacts your decision-making process.
- Advise Knowledge is power, and sharing that knowledge is our second step at the Thomas Group. Educating our clients on the current real estate market, its trends, and our calculated projections, is a critical factor to the success of each deal. After understanding their business, our team conducts an in-depth analysis of potential locations, from foot traffic to demographics, all of which play a role in helping you decide where to sign your next lease.
- Identify Our in-house team works on canvassing properties, whether on-market or off-market, for all of our clients. We diligently keep you updated as new spaces become available. Thomas Group’s proprietary in-house canvassing web-application helps speed the process from researching the most in-demand areas to presenting the best options for you in a timely manner.
- Negotiate When negotiating real estate deals, experience matters. With over a decade of experience behind us, we’ve seen it all. With each transaction, our offers and negotiations on your behalf are backed by intelligent market research and years of knowledge. In addition, our wide reach within the industry allows us to leverage our extensive relationships with landlords and asset managers when negotiating deals for our clients. We make sure all parties in the deal are managed in a timely manner and no stone is left unturned.
- Research You have a business plan that needs to be executed, preferred returns that need to be met, and an asset that needs to be stabilized. At the Thomas Group, we first understand what your current business model is for your asset, we tour the property, we gather information, and we provide an in-depth analysis of how best to position your asset in the current marketplace.
- Strategize After our research phase, we perform a robust financial and operational analysis to develop specific short- and long-term goals, identify decision points, and establish forecasts to maximize your returns while staying competitive in current market conditions. During the strategy phase, we will recommend different pricing models, define our target customers, and identify the best ways to act on your current business plan.
- Brand & Market In a crowded arena, marketing and branding play a major role when attempting to catch our target customers’ attention. From creative discovery to design and development, we partner with some of the top creative agencies in North Central Florida to provide our clients with an end-to-end solution for marketing and branding their estate assets.
- Lease The final stage is implementing the strategy to maximum effect. Our commercial leasing team hits the pavement full-throttle with marketing campaigns backed by established relationships within both the brokerage and tenant communities. Our market knowledge and experience are what is needed to fill your space. We help all parties navigate through each step of the leasing process.
Land & Property Ownership Representation
We are a group of dedicated individuals wanting to help every landowner, whether just beginning or commercially active for years, utilize available land to its highest capabilities. With over 30 years of experience in commercial real estate, we have developed valuable connections with local attorneys, project planners, and engineers with the goal of maximizing the landowner’s business results and investments. We have mastered the process on behalf of every landowner.
Here at the Thomas Group, our realtors base their experience and expertise of landlord representation on a foundation established in careers starting in 1963. Our extensive knowledge of land properties includes understanding the construction opportunities for each lot of land, the necessary building permits, and the size of the projects that could fit on the current property.
Our goal is to help the landowner maximize property value. For example, if we believe that the property worth would increase with larger square footage, then we will initiate conversations with the adjacent neighbors to negotiate a deal that benefits everyone.