Congratulations! Whether you are relocating to Gainesville, or simply looking for a new home in town, you have picked a great time to buy. Gainesville is a thriving community with a long resume of premier neighborhoods, and a budding hub for innovation and cultural diversity. Are you ready to buy a home? Here is a checklist to help you through the buying process:
Have a clear idea of what you want:
- Are you looking for a house, townhouse, or a condominium?
- How many bedrooms, bathrooms?
- What about the size?
- How about location? Do you want to be closer to downtown or the outskirts of the city? Does school zoning matter? Proximity to work?
- Are you looking for a home with certain amenities? Or in a community that offers amenities?
- Have you considered building a home?
- If you are relocating, what is your timeline for finding a home?
Now evaluate your finances:
- How much you can afford monthly for your mortgage payment?
- How much can you afford to put down as a down payment?
- How’s your credit?
- Are you in a good place to make such a large financial commitment?
Call us up:
- Call one of our experienced Realtors® and evaluate your options. We will guide you through the entire process from financing to closing on a home.
Get pre-approved for loans:
- Shop around for a mortgage lender. We would gladly recommend someone for you.
- Find out what your estimated payment and down payment will be.
- Reassess your financial situation and find out how much you can borrow.
Start looking at properties:
- Talk about your vision for the home, and let us show you some potential properties.
- Make a list of “must-haves” and “Like-to-haves” for your future home.
- Do some research on neighborhoods and schools.
- Do some house hunting of your own. Use the property search feature on our website to narrow down available homes in the area.
Select your future home:
- Work with your Realtor on an offer for the home.
- Prepare for negotiations with the seller.
- Secure your financing with your mortgage lender.
Paperwork time (we will walk you through the process):
- Sign the contract.
- Schedule a home inspection.
- Negotiate repairs and settlements.
- Talk insurance.
- Schedule a closing.
- Take your new set of keys.
- Pack up all the stuff from your old house and move into the new home.
- Enjoy your first day in your new home!